A warm welcome with a hot meal and wine awaits
We really do go the extra mile to help you relax from the moment you step through the door!
On arrival you’ll be greeted by the owners (Lynn and Nigel), and you’ll find a freshly prepared hot meal and wine waiting for you. Along with providing your supper, we’ve got breakfast covered too. So you don’t have to worry about shopping before you set off. Your breakfast basket includes a home-baked loaf, croissants, pain au chocolat, pain au raisin, granola, yogurt, ground coffee, preserves, butter, milk, & eggs. Plenty for your breakfasts for a short break stay.
You’ll find other kitchen basics provided at Ford Old Hall Barn as well. There’s coffee, tea, sugar, butter, sauces and oil. Plus all the detergents you need for use with the dishwasher & washing machine.
At Ford Old Hall Barn we strive to exceed your expectations and we try our best to accommodate any special requests you may have. So please don’t hesitate to ask and we will see what we can do. It is so important to us that you relax straight away and get the most from the time you spend here. We are available at any time should you wish us to be. But if you prefer, we’ll leave you to enjoy the privacy of the barn without being disturbed.
NB. Ford Old Hall Barn is a no-smoking, pet-free zone.
Arrival & departure times
Check-in is at 17:00 and check-out time is by 10:00.
Supplies & facilities
- There are two beautiful en suite bedrooms. One has a wet room, the other has a bath/shower room
- Log burner
- Underfloor heating throughout the whole barn
- Hot water/heating on 24/7
- WiFi throughout
- Freeview TV
- Bose speaker
- Crisp white cotton linen, choice of pillows and fluffy white towels provided. We are happy to change your towels on request mid-stay if you are with us for a week or more.
- Additional bath size towels and bathrobes for hot tub use provided.
- Great utility and boot room – fab for when you have been out walking & need to sort out your walking boots!
- Tesco, Sainbsburys, Morrisons, Ocado & Asda all deliver to Ford. So if you want to order in readiness for your arrival, we would be happy to put groceries away for you.
The supply of hot water and underfloor heating throughout the barn is provided by our eco-friendly ground source heat pump. There are also recycling bins for guests to use at Ford Old Hall Barn.
Hot tub, patio & BBQ
The west-facing hot tub is accessed from the master double bedroom, so you don’t even need to venture outside. Robes and towels are provided – they’re hanging in the wardrobe next to the understairs cupboard. The hot tub is on a private, covered patio area that extends (uncovered) to provide an outside seating space. There’s a BBQ too. It’s simply the perfect spot to enjoy a bit of al fresco dining during the warmer months. From sipping your coffee in the morning sun to watching the sun go down with an ice-cold G&T, it’s a beautiful area to relax in all day long.
Parking, EVC & bike storage
If you are travelling here by car there is plenty of off-road parking. We have an Electic Vehicle Charging (EVC) point too. For those of you planning to arrive by motorbike, we have secure, alarmed garaging for your vehicles.
There are some beautiful places for bike riding nearby. If you are bringing your bikes with you, there’s a large dry shed where you can lock them away securely.